You can submit 5,000 words of fiction to be judged by an expert panel of literary agents and established writers.
Opening line (announced 4th May)
‘It was a bright day in May, and the clocks were striking twelve.’
The prize is lunch with a Watson, Little agent. And this could lead to representation, a book deal and launching your work on the public!
Full terms and conditions here:
- The write-a-thon starts on Sunday 4th May at 12 noon when, here and on Twitter, Nibfest announces the opening line to begin writing from.
- Writers are asked to complete 5,000 words starting with this opening line by Sunday 11th May.
- Your 5,000 words must be fiction, but could be either a complete short story, or an extract of a novel, and must be your sole entry.
- Entries must be submitted by 12 noon on Sunday 11th May by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please use 12 point type in your submission, double-spaced, with a cover page to include the title of the work, the phrase Nibfest writeathon 2014, your name and contact details. Preferably include a header and footer to include the phrase Nibfest writeathon 2014, your name and email address on each page.
- A final shortlist will be announced live at the closing event of Social Book Week, Wednesday 14th May, venue to be announced.
- The winner will be selected by the panel and win lunch with a Watson, Little literary agent.
So prepare to start writing for a week and see how you and your fellow write-a-thon people go!